*Please insert appropriate blog title here*

12.05.2011

Whassuupp, ma homies!

I just got back from Taiwan last week, and seeing as I have a bit of time to spare right now, Imma tell you guys a bit more about my trip (the Malay seems to be MIA right now).

Damn, I've seen so much I just don't know where to start. And its gonna be bloody boring if I recount the trip day by day......

But just to give you an idea of what I've been experiencing........

Basically, its just a beautiful place. Taiwan's surrounded by mountains, so you can be guaranteed of spectacular, breath-taking, awesome scenery where ever you go. Its just not something you get to see every other day, especially not in Singapore.

Also, the weather there's great. Daytime temperatures are only 20-21 degrees celsius, and it gets even colder at night, sometime with temperatures hitting a low of 16 degrees. Add in occasional gusts of icy cold wind, and a sweater/windbreaker might start to seem like a very good idea.

But after all, Taiwan is affected by the monsoons. Since its December right now, the Northern Hemisphere is experiencing winter while the Southern hemisphere is experiencing summer. As a result, an area of low pressure develops over the Australian continent while an area of high pressure develops over India. Cold and dry winds blow across the Asian continent, bringing little rain to countries such as India and Bangladesh.

Maybe I should shut up and stop showing off my Geography skills.

*Ahem**Ahem*.

Right.

Where were we? Oh yeah...

So like I was saying, the weather is great, with the slight exception of one day when it rained.

But this trip was definitely one to remember. We went sightseeing during the day, visiting museums as well as heritage sights. During the evenings, we sometimes go shopping at nightmarkets or malls. Then it was back to the hotel, staying up with Aaron, Faris, Prashat, HengYi and Sidarrth till 3 in the morning playing cheat and Taitee, before waking up to a scrumptous buffet breakfast the next morning.

Damn, I swear that was the life.

Even got to try out hotsprings.....boiled my legs red on that one.

At first I thought this was gonna turn out to be some dry, boring educational fieldtrip, but it turned out to be hell lot more fun thatn I expected.

But seriously feel sorry for the muslim students, though. They had to put up with all the vegetarian mush (there was nearly no halal food), while the rest were chomping down on barbecued duck, braised tofu and sauteed pigs trotters.

Haiz.........

Even though its been more than a week since I came back, I'm definitely still gonna miss Taiwan. The nightmarkets sell nearly everything! From chicken cutlets to stinky tofu to cartoon keychains to bubble tea.....and at super cheap prices too. One 8 inch chicken cutlet there costs only SGD$2+. Bloody heluva deal.

Oh, and shout out to Nazira: Thanks a ton for that Taeyeon photo. It was super damn bloody freaking hell cute!!!!!!!

Couldn't reply or even like it on Facebook, though., Bloody computer lags like sh*t whenever I try to use FB.




Ohhh yeah.......

Till next time,
Aloy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews