I'm lost

12.10.2010

Hey ma peeps.

Why aren't you posting, malay?!

Post, dammit, post!

Anyways, starting a new project of Vijay. He plans on publishing a book based on his time spent here in Commonwealth. And he ain't the one whos gonna be in the spotlight; its gonna be about us, as in his friends and people he was close to during his time here. I'm here to give some comments, as well as some suggestions on how we are gonna get started on this project.

First off, you must consider who your audience is. Do you plan on printing this book just for your close friends, or is it meant for a larger viewing audience? Determining this will help save time and efforts spent on printing and publishing excess copies that no one is gonna read. It will also help save money and resources.

Next, I will suggest printing it as a softcover format. I'm quite sure we do not have enough money to be able to print hardcover editions. E-books can provide a hassle-free and cheaper alternative, though I think our viewing audiences will prefer a softcover book.

Also,we will most probably be faced with the issue of acquiring a print-on-demand publisher, who use highend copiers to produce pages instead of printing on traditional, ink-based offset printing equipment. Vijay, this you will no doubt have already been informed, but I just wanted to highlight these important points to you. If we were to underestimate these factors, it might undermine the entire publishing process. So I hope we will all be able to provide solutions to overcome these potential problems.

I strongly suggest that we go to a local offset printer and oversee all the steps in the process personally. As for this role, I feel that those in Singapore will handle all these logistical issues, while you, as the author of this book, shall just oversee and supervise our activity from India. I don't think we should have a print-on-demand company to handle the layout, printing and production activities, as its probably gonna cost us a bomb. Some shops offer perfect binding so that it looks just like a printed book. This is crucial as a book's marketing value weighs heavily on appearance, and shoddy design layouts aren't gonna be earning us anything.

We ought to familiarize ourselves on the printing costs. Extras are charged for layout help, editing, designing of the book cover and for photos. Editing and designing shouldn't be a problem, as I want to handle and oversee these processes myself. I reckon costs for printing services and materials are gonna range form $70-$200+, nut it all depends on how many copies do you want, actually. So we can all pitch in and help out for this project after tallying up the costs.

We need a minimal processing fee of $75, all quite costly, as you can see. And you mentioned something regarding a copyright, Vijay? Yeah, about that part......I don't really quite get it, even after reading through the terms and conditions on the website you told me about. I'll leave you to handle that part on your own for now, but any help, just request it and I'll have a group of people on the job.

Essentially, if we aren't doing large-scale publishing, our main aim is just to obtain a cheap and convenient way of publishing and printing the book, without compromising quality and satisfaction. Even though we all have rather a tight budget, I'll make sure to have everybody possible pitching in and helping out(yes, that also includes you ,malay). I'm just awaiting your notice of your intended viewing audience before making any final details or information regarding the book. After you has confirmed all this information with me, then I'll be making preparations and start on the designing of the book.

Alright, Vijay?

Great, I'm finally done. *Whew!*

Anything else, just contact me or Zhen Bang on Facebook, MSN, or otherwise. I'll also be having a chat with ZB on the details this Saturday, so just leave it to me.

Arsenal better watch out for a thrashing next Monday.

Signing off,
Aloy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews